The SHOUT ts is a handheld, global, two-way satellite messaging and personal tracking device. It utilizes Iridium’s short burst data (SBD) service to provide location information determined by a GPS receiver, two-way inbound and outbound status, text messaging, and emergency/alert notifications.
The SHOUT ts is designed with ultra-low power consumption electronics drawing less than 35μA during sleep. With an internal 1.95 A-Hr rechargeable Li-Ion battery, it can send a position report every hour for up to two months (about 1,500 reports). The SHOUT ts is equipped with a high resolution color touchscreen supporting transmission of free-text, canned messages and a combination of free-text and canned messages. Similar to a “smart” phone, the menu options are displayed as icons for quick access. The device can periodically wake up from sleep to send its position report to a command center.
The SHOUT ts offers a variety of services including:
• Normal Tracking — programmed to automatically wake up and send a position report.
• Emergency Alert — sends alerts to a designated monitoring centre using a 911 button.
• Free-Text Messaging — sends free-text via four different sets of on-screen keyboards.
• Canned Text Messaging — sends canned (pre-defined) messages in short codes instead of the entire message body.
• Waypoint Tracking — sends and/or saves waypoints (interested landmarks) for later retrieval.
• Check-In — allows sending a quick check-in message using a single soft key.