Getting Started with Your New Iridium Satellite Phone - Prepaid Plans
Learn how to get started with your Iridium satellite phone, including how to place and receive calls, send and receive SMS/text messages and check voicemail.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-258-3496 (Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time).
How to Insert Your SIM Card
- Insert your SIM card into the SIM card holder behind the battery in the satellite phone.
- Extend the antenna into its full position and point it straight up at the sky.
- Press the power button on the phone. You should see the Iridium splash screen, followed by ‘Searching’ and finally 'Registered'.
- Once the phone is registered you are ready to dial.
How to Place a Call
- To place a call from your Iridium phone to a landline or cell number, dial (+) –(Country Code) - (Area Code) - (Telephone Number). Example: + 1 555-555-5555
- To place a call from your Iridium phone to another Iridium phone dial (+) - (Iridium Phone Number). Example + 5555-555-55555
- You can place a free test call to Iridium by dialing +1-480-752-5105, once connected you will hear a recorded message.
Note: Your Iridium Extreme phone will insert a '+' symbol before each number you dial. The '+' or '00' is needed when dialing cellphones, landlines and other Iridium Phones. If you delete the '+' from the number, it will not work.
Two-Stage Iridium Dialing Service
When direct dialing your satellite phone using the ‘8816’ phone number from a landline or cell number, calls are billed as long distance. With two-stage dialing, you simply pay the per minute by dialing as follows: Dial +1 (480) 768-2500. When prompted, enter your Iridium Phone Number.
How to Check Your Voicemail
If you have not stored a voicemail number, you will need to do so before you can use it. Here's how:
- In the Menu select 'Voicemail' - 'Voicemail Settings' - 'Number'.
- Enter '+881662990000' and save it. You will now be able to call Iridium voicemail.
- Press the 'Menu' button, scroll down to the 'Voicemail' option and select it.
- Scroll to the 'Call Voicemail' option and select it.
- When setting up your account for the first time, your default PIN/Password will be the last seven digits of your Iridium Phone Number.
How to Send/Receive SMS/Text Messages
Send up to 160 characters to your Iridium phone by email to your Iridium email address. Your Iridium email address is your Iridium phone number + "@msg.iridium.com". Example: email@example.com. You can also visit the Iridium website and send your message from there: http://messaging.iridium.com.
To send an SMS to an email address from your satellite phone, add the recipient's email address to your Contacts. Next, go to the 'Message' menu and send your message to one of the email addresses on file. Refer to the User Manual or Quick Start Guide for more information.
From your Iridium handset, dial + 1-206-329-1947 to reach our 24-hour customer support.